UK’s leading specialists in process cooling introduces a data capture solution
The solution has already improved existing processes and made communication between the national sales team and a network of fully trained service engineers faster and more importantly extra efficient.
Based in Fareham, Hampshire, Aqua Cooling Solutions are one of the UK’s leading specialists in process cooling and associated products and services for various applications for all different industry sectors, including plastic processing, pharmaceutical, packaging, food and drink, metal finishing and agriculture.
Business managers, located at Head Office needed a solution that would transfer information back from remote-working service engineers. This paperwork acted as documentary evidence of completed work as well as a trigger for other processes such as invoicing and parts ordering.
Without the copy of the Service Reports and Commissioning Reports being returned to the office, invoices were either not raised or delayed impacting upon revenue, profitability and cash flow. Aqua Cooling wanted a better solution, one that would provide more regular updates, speed up the invoicing procedure but cause as little disruption to their engineers as possible.
Aqua Cooling and Anoto set about designing a digital pen solution that would meet the requirements specified. A data capture solution was delivered that digitalised both the Service and Commissioning Reports and information was completed using a digital pen. The information collected by the remote feild service engineer was then transferred via a mobile device to a server located at their Head Office and integrated with back-office systems.
- The new solution has vastly improved the efficiency of the overall business
- Communication has dramatic improved between remote field service engineers and head office
- Solution easily adopted by field service engineers with minimal distruption to daily calls
- Within seconds of a completed job, a job sheet arrives for processing and invoices are produced without delay
- More accurate and centralised records contributes to the monitoring of service performance levels